Some may have doubts about getting married during winter because of its naturally cold weather. However, getting married during winter can bring a lot of perks. Despite the freezing chill, winter brings beauty and charm that goes together with horse-drawn sleigh rides and sipping hot cocoa by the fireplace. Although weddings during that time can be less popular, but with the hidden benefits it gives to couples, choosing the cold winter months can all be practical.
Since winter weddings are not that common, you and your guests will be able to experience a unique and memorable event. It is very common to attend a summer wedding, but it is rare for most guests to attend a winter one. This gives you more of an opportunity to explore the challenges and benefits of a winter event, thus creating a memorable wedding no one will forget.
If you are still not convince why winter weddings can be advantageous, here are 10 reasons to think about:
1. More Availability. With not a lot of brides competing for the same date, chances are, you will be able to get the date that you want at a much cheaper price. Winter weddings are not that popular and if you have set your heart on a particular venue or photographer, you will be able to get that venue or photographer that you have been wanting. Since their schedule will most likely be open during those days, you won’t end up settling for a date that is not ideal for you.
2. Fits the Budget. We all know how most brides prefer the summer months to get married, which makes venues and vendors prices go up. If you are a bride on a budget, then marrying during the winter is right for you. You will be able to get discounts not just on the venue of your choice, but you will also be able to get discounts from your vendors. And, if you are really lucky they may even line up for you so you can choose the best deal.
3. Easy Decorations. A wedding in winter would mean that you have access to great decorations. You may not even need to further decorate your ceremony and reception location since they are already decorated to match the winter holidays.
4. Expect More Out of Town Guests. Many people like to take some time off during the winter holidays so it is also a great opportunity for family and friends to come and join your wedding. Use the holidays to your advantage so that your guests can celebrate with you.
5. Great Scenery for Pictures. The snow has the ability to transform outdoor scenery into a magical winter wonderland that can make for great wedding photos. Imagine having your vows with mountains covered in snow or frost dusted over tree branches as backdrop.
6. Have a Destination Wedding. This is your chance to have your wedding in a warmer location where you can also receive great discounts. So, if you still want to get married where the sun is warmer while still saving, then you can do so during the winter months.
7. Fashionable Accessories. Beautiful shawls, wraps or a romantic velvet cloak are a great way to stay warm while adding style, partner this with fashionable faux fur ear muffs and hand warmers or other accessories you and your bridesmaids can use. Brides can also wear fashionable boots instead of the common wedding shoes. The groom and the groomsmen can wear cashmere scarf and they will look very handsome and chic.
8. A Small Guest List. If you prefer a small guest list, but just don’t know how to make it work, set a winter date. A fair proportion of those who may want to be invited may just decline especially if they have already set out their own vacation plans or if you set out your wedding abroad where most would not be able to come.
9. Serve Hearty Soup and Hot Beverages. You can easily serve comfort food and beverages and everyone will enjoy them. Since the weather is chilly, serving seasonal drinks such as eggnog, apple cider and hot cocoa will be greatly appreciated.
10. A Cheaper Honeymoon. Just like getting some savings on a destination wedding, you can also find savings on your honeymoon. There are a number of resorts who give discounts and better deals during the “off season.” Take advantage of such deals and you can easily upgrade your honeymoon to the location of your dreams.