Creating a beautiful wedding does not just happen instantly. You will have to meticulously plan it to be able to get the wedding of your dreams. So how do you start organizing for such a big event? Normally, you will have a year of wedding planning. This will give you enough time to have everything perfectly executed. To organize your big day, start by creating a wedding checklist.
A wedding checklist or a wedding planning list contains all the details of your wedding. This can include everything from the most important items to the least important ones. Execution is also necessary. So, your checklist should have a time-frame on when you will accomplish each tasks. Here is a simple wedding checklist that you can follow for your wedding:
9 to 12 Months Before:
- Determine your wedding date and location.
- Introduce both families and announce your engagement.
- Determine the style and theme of the occasion.
- Start searching for your wedding dress and your attendants attire.
- Book an officiant.
- Look for a wedding coordinator and hire one if possible.
- Send your engagement photo to your local paper for announcement.
- Research your wedding vendors.
- Make a rough draft of the guest list.
- Find a possible honeymoon location.
- Set a budget.
- Join a fitness club if you are not a member yet. Planning a wedding is going to be a lot of fun, but you still need to be in good shape to enjoy the whole wedding planning process.
- Start having a monthly facial treatment.
6 to 9 Months Before:
- Choose your wedding party.
- Search for your wedding rings.
- Purchase your wedding dress.
- Book your vendors (caterer, florist, photographer, videographer, and wedding entertainer).
- Choose and purchase your wedding invitation.
- Plan your honeymoon.
- Prioritize save-the-date cards to send to out-of-town guests.
- Shop for your bridesmaids dresses.
4 to 6 Months Before:
- Finalize the guest list and send them their save-the-date cards.
- Finalize the floral arrangements with your florist.
- Choose a wedding cake and call the bakeries or cake decorators for their availability.
- Order wedding stationery.
- Arrange accommodations for the out-of-town guests.
- Purchase decorations for the wedding ceremony and receptions.
- Start with your DIY projects if you have any.
- Book a room for your wedding night
- Create a list of area information for the out-of-town guests.
- Reserve transportation for the wedding party.
- Make travel arrangements for the honeymoon.
2 to 4 months Before:
- Shop for your wedding bands.
- Order your wedding favors.
- Reserve or purchase the tuxedos for the groom and his groomsmen.
- Find out about the procedure for your state’s marriage license and process them.
- Finalize the reception menu.
- Order your wedding cake.
- Organize the rehearsal dinner.
- Contact the ceremony site about the ceremony music.
- Make proper arrangements for the reception music.
1 to 2 months Before:
- Have a trial test of your wedding makeup and hairdo.
- Mail the wedding invitations.
- Have a bridal luncheon with your bridesmaids and friends.
1 to 3 weeks Before:
- Contact photographer with the details of the ceremony and reception location.
- Complete the final seating chart for the wedding reception venue.
- Provide the reception site with a final head count.
- Make final adjustments to your wedding gown if necessary.
- Get your luggage ready for the honeymoon.
- Have your facial or you could also treat yourself for a spa.
- Prep your maid of honor or someone you can rely on to make sure that the following items are delivered: toasting glasses, cake knife, emergency wedding kit.
- Attend the rehearsal dinner and enjoy the time with family and close friends.
- Relax by doing some light physical exercise.
- Welcome your out-of-town guests.
- Have your hairstylist and makeup artist beautify you.
- Keep smiling! This is your big day!