Having a little bag that you can carry throughout the wedding can keep you from worrying about things that you do not want to happen during the big day. Keep in mind that even the most prepared bride can sometimes encounter beauty mishaps. And, what could happen if you forgot to prepare this small simple kit? It would be a shame to have all your preparations go to waste if you do not have this with you, then suddenly be in an unfortunate situation.
The use of a bridal beauty kit is similar to a regular emergency kit. However, the difference is their content. While both are in the context of unexpected and even expected needs, the goal of bringing one is to simply prepare the bride for some unwanted circumstances. The content of your kit will be up to you. You can bring anything you want, as long as you know it is necessary.
Here are some items that you could put in your bridal beauty kit:
Your wedding is really a happy event, but amazing what a few nerves can do to the body. Headaches, upset stomachs, and dizziness can all rear their ugly heads just when you are feeling the most pressure. And, the medicine is not just for the couple. You may want to keep a few medicine to keep everyone feeling good or at least keep them upright throughout the ceremony.
- Chewable or liquid antacid – to calm any nervous stomachs
- Crackers and ginger – also for nervous stomachs
- Acetaminophen – good for headaches
- Band Aids – essential for sore feet in shoes that are too tight, or for any minor injuries
It is just natural for brides to seek perfection on their wedding day. Here are some of the things that you could bring.
- Lipstick, lip gloss and balm – to keep the lips looking good
- Translucent face powder or blotting paper – to help in keeping the nose and forehead from shining since this can absorb the excess oil and perspiration from the skin
- Small brush and mirror – so that you can regularly check how you look like
- Hair spray – to help your hair maintain its form
- Hair pins – for updos
- Perfume – because you always want to smell fresh especially on your wedding
- Dental floss, toothbrush and toothpaste – used after meal when the bride gets her quick getaway in the ladies room
- Breath mints or spray and Deodorant – just in case
It is amazing what you may need and never think of. Here are some items that may come in handy:
- Tissue – a definite must have in your bag because of its many uses
- Nail polish – can be used in fixing rhinestones that have fallen off dresses or sealing tears in stockings, and also great for retouching polished nails
- Double- sided tape and safety pins – to hold what is needed to be held together
- Straight pins – essential for the corsages or in case for the bouquets
- Stain remover and chalk – great to cover up small stains
- Packing tape – it does everything from repairing headpieces and hems to even removing lint
- Small sewing kit – essential especially when fixing up any small emergencies
Be sure not to forget your kit at the day of the wedding. And, since you will not be able to carry this kit with you. You can ask your maid of honor, one of your bridesmaids, or your mom to hold it for you. Just make sure that the person you are giving this responsibility to, will always be at your side. So when you need the items, they can easily give it to you without delay.