They say that the wedding dress is the most important dress a woman will wear in her lifetime. Well, that could be true considering the hours and time spent in searching for that one special gown that will show everyone her big transformation from being the girl next door to a lady worth of having a man by her side. And, come your wedding day, everyone will be talking about how you look stunning wearing that white wedding dress. But, with the prices of wedding dresses going higher than ever, it is no wonder that more and more brides are also looking for alternatives.
What you should know about your wedding attire:
- Wedding attires should not be expensive.
- Knowing your body and style can save you a lot of time.
- Bridesmaids dresses don’t have to be the same nor be a one-time-use only.
- The groom and his groomsmen can save on tux rentals with the use of group rentals.
- It is possible to get the look you want without depleting your budget!
How to Find an Affordable Wedding Dress?
1. Research is the key. Search online and you will find great gowns that range from $150 to $500. Write down the designer, style number and dress name while collecting your favorites. Many of these companies provide wedding dresses at rock bottom prices so you can enjoy your shopping. Here are some online stores that you can check out:
- J. Crew
- David’s Bridal
- Ruby Lane
- The Limited
- Ann Taylor
- Lord & Taylor
2. Find bargains. There are different ways to find bargains. You can find them at outlet stores that offer great discounts especially during fall. Many of them provide annual sales while others have sample sales and off the rack sales. You can also find them at your local bridal stores during their clearance sale. Sites that are worth checking are:
3. Rent it. There is no shame in renting your dress. Since you are just going to wear it once, it is actually more practical to just rent it. Do not worry about their catalog since most of them are still up-to-date and in with the latest trend. So you can choose a great looking gown without even spending thousands of dollars in a designer wedding dress. Heck! You can even wear an expensive designer dress without your guests knowing that you just rented it.
4. How about second-hand? If you are not sensitive, find a second-hand dress. Second-hand wedding dresses are still practically new since they were just used once. And, before they even give you their dress, they will dry-clean it. Past brides who find that there is no need to keep their wedding gowns will sell or auction their gowns and you will have the opportunity to get a branded dress at a very low price. You may even get an expensive Vera Wang wedding dress for as low as $300, and who wouldn’t want that? Sites that can help you with your dress are:
5. Ask mom. How about wearing a vintage dress for a change? This will definitely eliminate any costs except for some minor trimmings to make it perfectly fit. Wearing a dress that was worn by your mom would also show your pride for your family and that you want to further honor them by wearing her dress.
6. Find a seamstress. Not a lot of us are familiar with the cost-cutting savings one can get just by getting a qualified seamstress. Find one in Craiglist and give her a copy of the designer gown you want and she could copy it for you for just $250 or even lower. Now, that is a great saving!
7. Find a charity sale. Brides Against Breast Cancer is an organization that offers gowns for as low as $99 to brides who cannot afford one. Past brides mostly donate their not so old dresses so that others can use them. They also get their gowns through donations by retailers, designers, and manufacturers so half of them are new.
Have an open mind to how you will be getting your wedding dress especially if you are searching for an affordable one. Remember, you have all the options. It is up to you on how you will use it. And, if you can do this correctly, you will be able to wear your dream gown without the heavy price tag.