Napa Valley can be the perfect location for both the locals and those who are planning to have a destination wedding. With its breathtaking views of picturesque hills planted with vineyards and wineries of every stature all over the landscape, Napa Valley can be the perfect venue to a great event. But, just like any other place, finding the right venue can be challenging. In Napa Valley though, there are so many great places to choose from.
Every year, thousands of soon-to-be married couples go to the Napa valley and the numbers are still increasing. It is even recorded that the valley is one of the top five wedding destinations in the US. May through early November is the busiest time to tie the knot, especially during September. So, if you are planning to get married here, better find a venue.
To help you find the perfect location listed below are some possible choices:
- The Hans Fahden Winery – This winery was founded by Antone and Lyall Fahden in 1986. It will allow you to have the whole place all for yourself without rushing you to move as soon as you are done. Plus, they offer a unique Napa Valley wedding experience with a dinner in their volcanic ash cave to end a beautiful, memorable night. The estate is ideal for couples who want to enjoy cabernet vineyards and mountainous ridges.
- V. Sattui Winery – A great place for wine lovers since it is a popular wine tasting destination since 1885. The setting of the winery is similar to old age wineries of France and Italy as it is surrounded by manicured gardens, lawns, big old oak trees and 35 acres of vineyards. The ceremony takes place in their private stone patio courtyard, while the reception is conducted inside the candlelit barrel-filled wine cellar.
- Meadowood Napa Valley – A site that brings sophistication and shows historical significance. The estate is perfect for couples and guests who enjoys privacy surrounding wineries and vineyards. Couples and their guests can even stay longer since the place offer different amenities and activities such as golf, tennis, croquet, hiking, swimming, fitness, spa, and even wine education. With a Michelin three-star restaurant, this place is one place you will go back over and over again.
- Villago Inn & Spa – This place was dubbed by Town & Country Magazine as a “pleasure seeker’s heaven.” With its 23-acre Vintage Estate’s grand Pavillion, indoor yesteryear ambiance of their 140-year-old historic Barrel Room, it is perfect for an elegant scenery of a big memorable wedding.
- Carneros Inn – Caneros Inn gives couples the perfect balance of rustic charm and modern luxury. With a maximum capacity of 175 guests, it offers different venues such as the Apple Orchard, the Hilltop Dining room, and a pair of contemporary ballrooms intertwined by a magical courtyard.
- Di Rosa Preserve – This venue only caters to four to six weddings per year, but they offer a great place with thirty acres of ancient olive groves, indisputable gallery of trees and their stained glass meditation chapel. With its great exhibits and arts, your wedding photos will also be like a work of art.
- OENOTRI – A southern Italian restaurant, with its name that means “wine-cultivators.” Their culinary traditions are not commonly seen in California, which makes having your wedding in their restaurant a great choice. From their specialties of Sicily, Campania to their imported wood-fuelled Acino to bake authentic pizza Napoletana plus their affordable wine and spirits showcase the best of Italy.
- Auberge du Soleil in Rutherford – This is not just a restaurant, but is also a resort and a hotel located in the heart of Napa Valley. Weddings are usually done on a private dining level where couples and their guests can enjoy the vineyards, hillsides and mountains of California’s Napa Valley.
There are still a lot wonderful choices for places in this great valley of Napa. With its enormous wineries and vineyards, sophisticated choices of menu, a real haven for photographers, and a romantic destination for couples, it is no wonder wedded couples and their guests will enjoy coming back to California and visit the Napa Valley.