Rings are symbol of marriage, which is a promise to honor and stay local to each other for a lifetime. Choosing a ring can sometimes be a source of stress if you consider a lot of factors: style, material, budget and durability. A bride also has to consider the choice of his groom when selecting wedding rings. To come up with the perfect wedding ring, a lot of things should be considered. Here are some tips to aid you in your quest for your wedding band rings.
- Know the style that you want and consult with your partner. Do you want a simple band in gold or platinum? Do you want stones? How about names, dates or sayings engraved inside the rings? This is something both of you should decide upon.
- Set your budget and stick to that. If you have to add a little more, then it should be just a little more. You should also know the prices for each type and the cut of the diamond if you want to integrate some stone. It is logical that wedding bands with gemstones like diamonds and other precious stones are the most expensive ones. Followed by platinum and gold.
- After budget has been set, consider choosing a style early on. This will give you time to prepare for budget of the rings. This will also allow time for modifications like adding stones, re-sizing or engraving your names.
- Consider your lifestyle in choosing a wedding ring. It has to be something that you can easily take care of since you will wear it daily. For example, if you are someone who work-out a lot, consider less bulky rings.
- Have enough time for final fitting. Keep in mind that the ring sizes can change as the wedding approaches. Weight gain for example can make the ring seem smaller than when you initially ordered. This can become a source of dilemma on your wedding day if you don’t prepare for it. A final fitting prior to the wedding day is a very logical step to take.
- Go for quality check. A ring is to be worn as long as you are married. You may even pass this to your children in the future as an heirloom and therefore it should be made to last. Look for the jeweler’s trademark and quality standards stamped inside the ring.
- Maintenance of your ring is very important. Choose material that is easy to clean. But even better, check if the jeweler has option for cleaning the ring when you bring it back. This will allow professionals to deal with your ring and have it cleaned with the right materials.
- Consider your skin type in choosing the material of your ring. If you have acidic skin type, gold and silver are not very good choices as the ring may blacken. Worse scenario for you: rashes. So check if you have allergies so you know what to avoid.
With these tips, a smart bride can choose for that perfect wedding band to seal her promise to her groom. Always remember that wedding rings should meet five specific criteria: budget, style, practicality, quality and safety. It is after all, something that will have to last for a lifetime.