You can never go wrong in marrying at Florida. Filled with many historical sites and tourist experiences, it can double as a honeymoon tour, too. They’ve got the best hotels to host your Florida wedding, not to mention the beaches that made the state world-famous. The Sunshine Continue reading
One of the most crucial element to a successful wedding is to how you can make it romantic and beautiful for both the ceremony and reception. A great way to create such a scene is to allow music help dictate the scenery. If you want to make Continue reading
Getting to the place of your big day also requires serious planning just like all the other details of your wedding. After all, you want to get there in style and have a grand entrance without any unnecessary hassle. The bride is very important, but so are the guests, Continue reading
Deciding on a wedding theme is perhaps a mountain that needs to be passed on the first stage of every wedding planning. At last, you’ve decided to get married! But wait; what would the wedding theme be? Where do we get supplies? Who do we contact? What do we need to plan? All these questions will be answered at a right time, but the most important question that begs an answer is what the wedding theme would be. Everything in wedding planning lies in the wedding theme as it sets up the tone for the entire once in a lifetime event.
Basically, the entire process of planning a wedding is in the decided theme. A formal wedding wouldn’t be formal if it weren’t planned as such. From the wedding invitations to the menu, it’s all planned with the theme as the background context. That’s just how important wedding themes are. If you haven’t decided on one yet, we have here some helpful guides on wedding themes to help you get on your way.
- Nothing beats traditional weddings. It’s the most eminent solution in wedding theme dilemmas. It’s classy, formal, and very elegant. Men in suits and women in elegant dresses, most of the time in noir, are what most weddings opt to. Traditional wedding themes like elegant casual, formal, church weddings, garden or beach weddings are not bad, actually. In fact, it’s the simplicity in these traditional themes that make them a hit to most wedding planners. Although very common in some areas, they can be very memorable experience for everybody.
- Go for unique wedding themes. The opposite of traditional suit weddings are weddings with creative concepts. They are thought out well as they are out-of-the-box concepts to start with. The wedding design and dresses here are not necessarily in formal wear. Luau is a creative concept wedding, and you’re entitled to wear Hawaiian-inspired beach clothes. If you want a period-inspired wedding, have them wear the clothes of that period (i.e. Victorian Wedding). More than being just unique, the guests would certainly remember your wedding because of these unique creative concepts and the lengths needed to achieve such.
- Look for both of your personal interests. A good starting point in looking for a wedding theme is to know where both of your interests lie. Start with music. If both of you have the same taste in music, you now have a wedding soundtrack! But can you turn it into a wedding theme? Metalhead couples, for instance, can go all metal on their wedding. It’s creative and unique, thus memorable. Couples who love 70’s funky music or Baroque classical music can also apply themes based on the time period as well.
If not music, then try movies or any media you both like. Many Star Wars fans have treaded down this path and have married with The Force. If both of you love The Simpsons, then you can ask your flower girl to dress like Lisa, or your ring bearer to dress like Bart. It’s more exciting when you choose these very creative and interesting concepts as both of you work together to realize a common interest to life.
Traditional weddings are still in demand these days. As we’ve said, nothing beats traditional weddings. They would forever be elegant and classy, and many people like to be married that way. However, creative wedding concepts are not only unique, but if they collide with both of your interests, it can make wedding planning more detailed and exciting. Just remember that a wedding must basically have a ceremony and a reception. The rest is up to your imagination. Play on the guest seating or tweak the menu. The most important thing is to have fun!
One of the most exciting portions of planning your wedding is adding items to your wedding registry list. Simply put, this wedding registry is what you want to take from a particular merchant. From a store that accepts wedding registries, you can select whatever you want from that store. Your guests can check the list when they go to that store for them to have an idea of what to buy for you. Ideally, larger retail stores offer wedding registries. However, if you already have special stores in mind, it’s better.
While you may conveniently search for an online store for items, you still need to go to the store in person so you can be assured of the quality of the item you’re planning to list down. It would be better if you already have ideas of what to include in your registry before you go to the merchant that you’re planning to visit. Here are some other tips to help you create your ideal wedding registry.
- Do it together. It’s nice to spend time together with your significant other while shopping for the items you want for your wedding registry. While it may look just like a simple bonding before the both of you take the plunge, you may know some more things about your groom or bride that you may never knew before. He may like some things that you never knew he likes or she may shop for clothes and shoes where you’ll get an idea to shop for a gift for her next birthday. Wedding planning is, unsuspectingly, a time to rediscover your relationship. You may have many years of being together with your significant other, but the wedding is a time where it’ll be the first time the both of you will have to work together to create something special that will last forever.
- Think through your list. Many traditional wedding registries have items like kitchen utensils, cooking wares, china, and others. If you need them, then include them. However, the most important tip in making your wedding registry is to consider yourself. Don’t just ask for an elegant plate or a colorful knife set just because they’re always in the registry. Ask yourself if you really want it. Take advantage of the opportunity the wedding registry has. If you want books, then list down the title of the books you want to have. Is it artwork, furniture, gadget? A wedding registry is your chance to have your guests giving them as a gift to you. Besides getting what you want, pick items that you will really need. If you need some sports equipment to help the both of you get fit or some added kitchen equipment, include them. Just be sure you’ll be using them and they won’t get stuck in the basement.
- Consider your items on the list. Now that you have something on your list, you have to check it. Remember to also consider your guests while making the list. Don’t stick with the number of guests. Pitch in a little bit more. It’s good to give your guests more options in gifts. Increase the number of gifts while increasing the price range, too. Don’t expect your guests to buy all things that are on your list if they’re $100 worth or more. Heck, even $60 may be too much for some people. Also, make sure that the items on your list can be bought per piece. Most of the time, gifts in wedding registries are bought and sent as gifts when they come in pieces. Cutlery sets or an elegant plate sets won’t be bought as against asking for one or two pieces of the elegant plate, which is cheaper and convenient to the pocket.
In creating your wedding registry, it’s important to be alert and creative. Be alert for great items and deals. You can search for products online, but be sure to also check them in person. If they’re an online store, buy one and have them shipped to you so you can ascertain the quality of the item. If there are discounts for wedding registries, be sure not miss out on them. After you’ve received your gifts, be sure that you send out “Thank You” notes to your guests who have been thoughtful enough to buy you a gift.
Creative and unique wedding favors can make a lasting impression. Wondering of a special way to make them unforgettable? Here are 10 inspiring tips to giving impressive wedding favors.
1. What is special to you?
Well, why not look at your own story and how you can make it personal. For instance, if you and you fiancé met because one day you were walking your dog out on the park and he bravely introduced himself, and the rest was history. Why not let your guests know about that? You could find dog theme favors or any type of favors that are related to trees, birds or whatever that will remind you of that special day.
2. Make your guests be the star.
A great way to highlight your guests is by giving them something they will buzz about even after the wedding is done. Search for funny wedding favors and for sure, everyone will have a great time.
3. What is the wedding theme?
This is the most common way brides search for the right favors since this is very easy and the favor choices are endless. If you are having a rustic wedding theme why not give personalized strawberry jams, mine metal watering cans, rustic renaissance burlap favor bag, or antique bottle openers. If you are going to have a beach wedding you can go for some flip-flop bottle openers, starfish wine stopper, shell-covered photo frame, and so on.
4. Show your skills.
Nothing beats a favor that is given through hard work and effort and this is what DIY favors can do for you. Pull on your talents and crafting skills and create favors from scratch. There are so many great gifts that you, your family, and friends can do together such as baking cookies or cupcakes to even creating soaps. It is totally hard to resist receiving such great gifts made of love and handled with effort.
5. Top it up with more.
A real crowd pleaser is if you could surprise your guests with more than just one favor. For instance, if you are choosing edible favors, why not include more than one type of edible sweets? Packed in a classy jar, put candies, mints, chocolates, and other chosen sweets on top of each other. If you love whiskey, how about wrapping up whiskey stones, a Maker’s mark nip and a whiskey-flavored caramel.
6. Choose quality over quantity.
Brides naturally consider their budget when thinking of the right favor. However, favors that are way cheaper may end up not being used at all. Why not spend more and buy less if you want to save more. Better choose a favor that guests can enjoy together like allotting one slightly more expensive favor to each couple.
7. Have fun with the packaging.
It is actually all about great packaging. Guests will naturally love to receive gifts that are beautifully created. Most would think, if the packaging looks great, the content would be far better. Wrap your favors with beautiful fabrics, tie with colorful ribbons, and finish with creative gift tags to complete the presentation.
8. Making it special for your out-of-town guests.
Your out-of-town guests travelled far just to reach your wedding, so why not give them favors that they will not forget. Allocate a special budget just for them. If you are going to have a beach wedding, give your guests beach bags stuffed with personalized towels and other stuff that they can use during their stay.
9. How about donating instead?
Your guests will understand if you choose to donate your funds to a charitable organization of your choice. However, it would still do you better if you would explain that a donation has been made on their behalf. Ask your stationer to create cards about the donation. Some of the most popular choices to donate are the National Arbor Day Foundation, the World Wildlife Foundation, and the Red Cross, and the American Cancer society.
10. Present them well.
Giving your gifts away is not just about choosing the right favors and packaging them well. It is also about presentation. Make your guests excited to see your favors and they will be excited to get one for themselves. Let some of your usherettes pass out favors placed on silver trays towards the end of dinner, or arrange them artfully on a table near the guests exit. You could also ask the servers to leave a favor at the guest’s table right around the cake-cutting. Making sure that your wedding favors are visible will let guests see them and not leave them behind.
Can’t afford that Vera Wang wedding dress you saw with your partner on the boutique? Or is personalizing your own idea of a wedding dress too costly to even mention? It is true that a wedding dress can take a major part of the wedding budget. Most of the time, brides do not want to settle Continue reading
Rings are symbol of marriage, which is a promise to honor and stay local to each other for a lifetime. Choosing a ring can sometimes be a source of stress if you consider a lot of factors: style, material, budget and durability. A bride also has to consider the choice of his groom when selecting Continue reading